Curry spice and aromatic coconut add warmth and sweetness to these tender roasted carrots.
- virgin coconut oil (2 tablespoons)
- carrots (2 to 2 1/4 pounds, large)
- kosher salt (1 teaspoon)
- sweet curry powder (1 teaspoon)
- raw cane sugar (1/2 teaspoon)
- garam masala (1/2 teaspoon)
- ground cumin (1/4 teaspoon)
- ground ginger (1/4 teaspoon)
- cilantro or flat-leaf parsley (2 to 3 tablespoons, chopped)
Preheat oven to 350° F with rack in center.
Cover rimmed baking sheet with foil, and spray with a light layer of neutral flavored cooking spray.
Place coconut oil in ramekin or other oven-safe vessel, and allow oil to melt in the oven while prepping carrots.
Peel carrots, then cut into approximately 1-inch chunks.
Transfer carrots to large-ish bowl, then add salt, curry, sugar, garam masala, cumin, ginger, and melted coconut oil, then toss to coat. *Coconut oil will clump as it cools, so coat carrots with mixture quickly.
Arrange carrots on baking sheet, then bake for 30 minutes, stirring once halfway through (about 15 minutes).
Transfer to serving dish and sprinkle with cilantro or parsley to taste.
Serve warm or at room temperature.