A lemony carrot salad seasoned with harissa for a subtle dose of Moroccan-inspired heat.
- carrots (10, whole)
- harissa (2 tablespoons)
- preserved lemon (4 tablespoons or ~1 lemon)
- garlic (5 cloves, chopped)
- extra-virgin olive oil (1/4 cup)
- white vinegar (2 tablespoons)
- cilantro (1/4 bunch)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
Cut carrots to rounds about ½-cm thick.
Boil 4 cups of water and add salt.
Boil carrots for 10 minutes until soft (but not too soft).
Drain, let dry, and cool.
Mix carrots with the rest of the ingredients, and let mixture sit in the fridge at least overnight.
Before serving, taste salad and add salt or vinegar if desired.
Serve at room temperature.